|Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 1.00 pounds
- Northern highbush type cultivar.
- Height of a mature plant is 5 -6 feet.
- Ripening date is July 30th in South Haven, Michigan.
- Yields are very good and could average 12 to 15 lbs consistently.
- Fruit size is extra large, 100 berries per pound.
- Quality of the fruit is rated high for the fresh market. The fruits have a small dry picking scar and harvest without stems. The bright blue berry holds the beautiful color long after harvest. The flavor is very good and sweet and only mildly acid.
- Harvest is best done by hand for fresh markets. The plants lend themselves to the mechanical harvest, the fruits do not ripen uniformly so mechanical harvesting is not advisable.
- Marketing is recommended for the fresh market or for the U-Pick trade. This is an excellent berry for the U-Pick as the berries are big, bright blue, and delicious.
The plants seem to have resistance to many of the blueberry fungal diseases.
HARDINESS ZONE SOUTH: 7, NORTH: 4