Origin: De Grandchamp’s Farm
- Northern highbush type cultivar.
- Height of a mature plant is 5-6 feet.
- Ripening date is July 30th in South Haven, Michigan.
- Yields are very good and could average 12 to 15 pounds consistently.
- Fruit size is extra large, 100 berries per pound.
- Quality of the fruit is rated high for the fresh market. The fruits have a small, dry picking scar and harvest without stems. The bright blue berry holds the beautiful color long after harvest. The flavor is very good and sweet and only mildly acid.
- Harvest is best done by hand for fresh markets. The plants do not lend themselves to mechanical harvest, the fruit does not ripen uniformly so mechanical harvesting is not advisable.
- Marketing is recommended for the fresh market or for the U-Pick trade. This is an excellent berry for the U-Pick as the berries are big, bright blue, and delicious.
- The plants seem to have resistance to many of the blueberry fungal diseases. Hardiness Zones 7-4.