Origin: USDA (1997)
- Northern highbush type cultivar.
- Mature height of plant is six feet. Growth is upright, spreading only slightly.
- This is an early ripening variety, ripening 3-4 days earlier, but flowering the same time as Duke.
- Consistent yields average 10 to 12 pounds per year.
- Fruit size is medium to large similar to that of Duke. Averaging 1.9 grams per berry. The flavor of the fruit is mostly sweet, having high amount of sugar brix. The fruit is very attractive, and holds the light blue color after harvesting.
- Fruit quality is good and can be used for the fresh market or processing market. Fruits are consistent in being of good quality every year.
- Harvesting is done by hand for the early markets. The plant is adaptable to mechanical harvest as it is a good statured plant upright in growth.
- The plants show resistance to the fungi mummy berry and stem blight.
- The yields of the plants have performed much higher in the milder climates, where there are minimal large fluctuations of temperatures. Hardiness Zones 7-5.
There are no reviews yet.