Origin: USDA 1952
- Highbush type cultivar.
- The plants are open and spread and grow to a height of 5 feet.
- The fruits begin to ripen on August 10th in Michigan and will yield fruit for approximately 2 weeks.
- Yields will be consistent every year averaging 8 pounds per plant.
- Fruit size is large with a medium blue color. The flavors have high desert quality with sweet and high aromas.
- Berry quality is tender with a stem scar, therefore the fruits have a short shelf life.
- Harvesting is accomplished by hand, it is not recommended to harvest mechanically.
- Markets for the fruits should be u-pick or local fresh markets, because of the fine flavors and aromas.
- We reintroduced this variety for the outstanding flavor and the high demand by u-pick growers.
Hardiness Zones: 5-7