Origin: North Carolina State University
- An early to mid-season flowering Rabbiteye cultivar. Plant one or more of these cultivars to obtain the optimum fruit set; Climax, Prince, Prolific, or Pink Lemonade.
- The height of a mature bush is 6-10 feet, tall and upright.
- Ripening date is May 28 at Gainesville, Florida.
- Yields of 8-16 pounds per bush can be expected on well-kept, irrigated plantings.
- Fruit size is large with 75-80 berries per standard cup.
- Berry quality is very good and it stores very well.
- Harvesting is done by hand but the bush is adapted for mechanical harvest.
- Marketing should be focused on early U-Pick, commercial fresh market or processed.
- Ornamental use is good; the bright green foliage during the summer make the bush stand out. Premier seems to fruit some years without a pollinator, but never plant without a pollinator for commercial yields. Hardiness Zones 9a-7b.