Origin: North Carolina State University
- This is a hybrid pentapoid type, which gives this plant a trait for positive characteristics. The flowers are not self-pollinating, so use an early flowering cultivar, such as Prince or Premier.
- The height of a mature plant is 5-6 feet. Plants have high vigor and erect.
- Ripening time is considered early, June 29, and fills the ripening period between the early and late ripening Rabbiteye cultivars.
- Yields are average to most cultivars, capable to harvest up to 15 pounds per plant.
- Fruit size is medium, up to 1.3 grams, excellent for mechanical harvest.
- Fruit quality is average and should be hand harvested for close fresh markets. Fruit flavor is rated as high in all taste comparisons with other cultivars. The flavors are mostly sweet with slight acidity.
- Harvesting should be done by hand. The plant is adaptable to mechanical harvest, but the fruits should be used in the process market.
- Marketing should be geared to the fresh, farm, or U-Pick markets.
- Plants adapt to a wide range of soil types and high pH. Plants exhibit high vigor and are resistant to Phytopthera cinnamomi.