North Carolina State University
- This is a hybrid Pentaploid type which gives this plant a trait for positive characteristics. The flowers are not self-fertile, so use an early flowering cultivar such as Prince of Premier.
- The height of a mature plant is 5 to 6 feet. Plants have high vigor and erect in growth habit.
- Ripening time is early midseason, June 29, and fills the ripening period between the early highbush and late ripening rabbiteye cultivars.
- Yields are average to most cultivars, allowing a harvest up to 15 pounds per plant.
- Fruit size is medium, up to 1.3 grams.
- Fruit quality is average and should be hand harvested for closed fresh markets. The flavor of the fruits rated has high in all taste comparisons with other cultivars being very sweet with slight acidity.
- Harvesting should be accomplished by hand. The plant is adaptable for mechanical harvesting but the fruits are not suitable for fresh marketing, excellent for the process markets.
- Consider marketing the fresh fruits to local farm markets or u-pick farms.
- Plants adapt to a wide range of soil types and slightly higher pH. Plant exhibit high vigor and are resistant to Phytophthera cinnamomi.
There are no reviews yet.