- High-bush type cultivar.
- Height is 5-7 feet.
- Ripening date is July 27 in the South Haven, Michigan area.
- Yields average 8-10 pounds per bush.
- Fruit size is small, with 132 berries per cup. Borne on long clusters.
- Quality of berry is firm. The berry has a medium picking scar and tends to be stemmy during a drought or if not harvested on time. Berry color is light blue with very good flavor.
- Harvesting can be done by hand or machine. Mechanical harvesting qualities are very good.
- Marketing is for the process market because of the small berry.
- Ornamental use of Rubel is very good. It has long slender foliage, which turns reddish in the fall.
- Rubel was rated as one of the highest levels of antioxidants. Hardiness Zones 7a-4a.
1" x 1" plug grown plant, 1 liter 6-12", 1 liter 12-18", #1 container, #2 container grown, #3 container grown, #15 container grown