SALE items must be ordered in quantities of 100 plants of each cultivar and size.
Origin: University of Florida – 1984
- High-bush type cultivar. Pollinating Group: A.
- Height of mature bush is 5 to 6 feet and is well proportioned. Sharpblue is fast growing and very vigorous.
- Ripening date is April 27th at Gainesville, Florida.
- Yields of 8-16 pounds per bush can be expected on well-kept, irrigated plantings.
- Fruit size is large with 75-80 berries per standard cup.
- Berry quality is fair to good. The fruit should be shipped the day it is harvested to ensure the best quality. The berry has a small picking scar.
- Harvesting by hand is the only method used to date. The bush is suitable to mechanical harvesting.
- Ornamental use is very good. The bush can be grown as an ornamental as far North as Zone 5 and South to Zone 10.
- Sharpblue is the number one southern high-bush blueberry planted in Florida. Testing should be done in other states to test hardiness and fruit production. Hardiness Zones 10a-7b.