- Highbush type cultivar.
- Plants will grow to a mature height of 5 ½ feet. The bush is upright spreading slightly. The plants will tolerate high moisture and heavier soils than other highbush varieties.
- The ripening of Sunrise coincides with the 3rd picking of Duke and the third harvest coincides with the first picking of Blue Jay.
- Yields are consistent, averaging 10 to 12 pounds per plant, comparable to the yield of Duke.
- Fruits are considered large, averaging 70 berries per 8 ounce cup. Hand pickers love to harvest the berries, once the berries become ripe they are easily harvested
- Berry quality is firm without a picking scar and has uniform ripening. Fruits are dark blue and people rave about the fine flavors. The fruits maintain good quality in storage.
- Harvesting is done by hand but the plants upright growth habit is conducive for mechanical harvest for fresh markets. Sunrise is highly recommended for the u-pick grower.
- The stems and fruit buds survive temperatures as low as -26F (-31C) for long periods during the winter.
- The excellent flavor, ease of harvest, high fruit quality are outstanding characteristics of the Sunrise cultivar.
- Hardiness zones 7a to 4b.
1" x 1" plug, 1 liter 6-12", 1 liter 12-18", #1 container, #2 container grown, #3 container grown, #15 container grown