Origin: Lowbush Blueberries from the wild
- Vaccinium angustifolium (Low-bush blueberry) for commercial production and ornamental landscapes.
- Height of plants is 6″ to 18″ and spreading outward by stolons up to many feet at maturity. The width can be controlled easily by mowing or cutting roots on the edges.
- Fruits are small and power blue to black in color. The flavor is sweet with the typical wild blueberry flavor.
- The foliage color will very from plant to plant; yellow, reds, fluorescent orange contrasts can be enjoyed in the landscape.
- This species is native to many parts of the U.S. and is widely planted as a landscape ground cover. Hardiness Zones 7b-3a.